Disposable cuvettes are used in many labs where cross contamination of samples is a concern or where the cost of quartz or glass cuvettes is too high.
Some disposable plastic cuvettes are not compatible with many common solvents, but the UV-Cuvette range from Brand offers excellent chemical compatibility, as well as high quality, in a disposable cuvette.
The German manufacturer Brand have been leading manufacturers of disposable cuvettes for over 25 years. The UV-Cuvette range are the newest addition to the family, and offer a high quality disposable cuvette with wide chemical resistance.
Ensuring High Quality
The UV-Cuvettes are manufactured and pacakged in highly controlled conditions with no human contact. This control even extends to packaging specific mold cavity numbers together, to ensure the lowest variations in extinction coefficient.
The individually wrapped versions are completely free of DNase, DNA and RNase, so can be used with confidence in photometric determinations of RNA and other biomolecules.
- Suitable for use from 230 to 900 nm
- Sample volumes as low as 70µL can be tested
- Round caps are available to contain samples with a tight seal and colour code samples
- When capped, samples can be stored down to -20°C
- Standard 10mm path length on all sizes
- 2 centre height types are available so the cuvettes can be used without an adapter in most commercial spectrophotometers (see diagram below)
The UV-Cuvettes range also offer great chemical resistance for a disposable cuvette, and can be used with all of the following common lab solvents;
- Acetic acid (up to 100%)
- DMF (dimethylformamide)
- DMSO (dimethyl sulphoxide)
- Ethyl Acetate
- Hydrochloric Acid up to 36%
- Hydrofluoric Acid up to 10%
- Nitric Acid up to 65%
- Sodium Hydroxide