Introducing the new Automatic Melting Point Apparatus from Stuart – the SMP50. Up to three samples can be analysed simultaneously with up to 400°C heat applied. We were impressed at just how easy and logical it is to navigate the unit’s interface with a 7″ high definition touch screen.
Watch as your samples melt live on screen or leave it to complete the melt analysis independently and then observe the play back post-melt. During post melt review additional measurement tags can be added if required, such as meniscus point or the automatically obtained result can be overwritten.
Up to approx 300 melt videos can be stored on your unit, and this data can be transferred via USB stick on to PC for a more permanent long term record. The video files contain a temperature stamp which can confirm the automatically obtained results. Alternatively the results from your SMP50 can be directly printed out with the optional accessory printer.
The SMP50 has a useful storage drawer to house all standard capillary tubes and also holds a small glass cutter to accurately and cleanly cut sample tubes in half. This reliable cutter keeps the process of loading tubes safer and perfect for those who do not want to use the full size tubes.
If needed, you can also purchase the SMP50 which comes with IQ / OQ documentation.
- No. of samples: 3 simultaneously
- Temperature range: Ambient to 400°C
- Temperature resolution: 0.1 °C
- Display: 7 inch HD Colour
- Ramp rates: 0.1-20°C in 0.1°C increments
- Temperature sensor: PT1000 Platinum resistance
- Memory: 8GB (approx 300 video results)
- Cool down time 350-50°C: ~12mins
- Heat up time 50-350°C: ~6 mins
- Oven control: closed loop PID
- Data transfer: USB Transfer
- Sample Level: 2-3mm in 50mm or 100mm length capillaries
- Electrical supply: 120V / 230V| 50-60Hz
- Temperature units: °C or °F
- Size: 164 x 360 x 300mm
- Languages: English/French
If you are would like to know more about the SMP50 or about melting point apparatuses in general please get in touch. Give our technical support team a ring on 01954 233 120, send us an email on email@example.com or fill in the form below.