The PTR Series are compact variable-speed, variable-angle vertical rotators providing vertical rotation, reciprocation and vibration.
- 360° vertical rotation – creates long wave motion for mixing large particles
- Reciprocation – creates long and medium wave motion for medium and large particles
- Vibration – creates short wave motion for mixing for small particles
- 360° vertical rotation, reciprocation and vibration can be set for continuous or timed operation, or linked together in different combinations to ensure optimum mixing conditions for your application
- Choice of two models – PTR-35 or PTR-60 – with different speeds and microtube capacities
- Vertical rotation speed: 1 to 100 rpm
- Reciprocal rotation: 1 to 90° turning angle
- Vibration: programmable in a burst of 1 to 5 seconds
- Very easy to operate, with simple set-up of multi-segment programs via push buttons and the 2-line LCD status display, fully programmable sequence of functions, including pause
- Capacity of up to 26 (PTR-35), 48 (PTR-60) microtubes and a maximum rotating speed of up to 100 rpm.
- Optional accessory platform for accommodating tubes of different diameters
- Reliable and extremely quiet motor produces regulated and reproducible rotation throughout the speed range
- Compact with a low profile and small footprint – fits neatly into the workspace
- Suitable to be used in cold rooms and incubators
Suitable for 360° vertical mixing applications including immuno precipitations and other affinity matrix applications, prevention of blood coagulation, latex diagnostics. Used in a variety of applications, from hybridisation reactions, cell growth, soft extraction and homogenisation of biological components in solution as well as reactions for binding and washing magnetic particles.
See them at Lab Innovations at the NEC 6-7 November 2013 on our stand A8 near the networking bar.
For more information on these and other rockers rollers and shakers from Grant Instruments