Whilst most commonly associated with the monitoring of biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), the OxiTop system can be used for many types of respirometric testing including OECD biodegradability tests, soil respiration and biogas testing. The classical OxiTop heads have been around for many years and are tried and tested. This year, they have been modernised with two new groups of heads being released to replace the old yellow and green heads.
Standalone heads (i-heads)
- Suitable for measurement of BOD according to DIN EN 1899-2
- These are the most simple iteration of the OxiTop heads and come in the colours grey and blue. There is no functional difference between colours but useful for distinguishing between a blank and the test or outflow and inflow for example.
- Can be supplied as a kit of 6 or 12 heads as well as stand alone heads, to increase testing capacity. The kits include everything you need to perform the testing (including nitirification inhibitor, sodium hydroxide and stir bars) apart from a cooled incubator.
- They feature an LCD monitor which can graphically display between 1 and 7 days of data. The data is only stored on the head and you will need to write it down to record it for your notes.
- They can be used in combination with the old type yellow and green heads as the results they give will be the same.
Data recording IDS heads
- Comes as a number of different types with different bottles depending on application (such as BOD, biogas and anaerobic respiration, and soil respiration) . The colours of the heads are orange or orange with grey. The orange with grey heads have a coating to stop corrosion and therefore designed for applications such as biogas monitoring where H2S is produced.
- Data is displayed graphically on the heads (as with the standalone I-heads), but these heads also allow data recording and transfer to a PC via the MultiLine®-IDS Multi 3620 or 3630 multiparameter meter. This meter can also be used to measure various other parameters including pH and DO when used in combination with appropriate electrodes.
- Can be supplied as a kit of 6 or 12 heads as well as stand alone heads, to increase testing capacity. The kits include everything you need to perform the testing (including nitirification inhibitor, sodium hydroxide and stir bars) apart from a cooled incubator and the IDS meter itself. Up to 99 heads can be connected to one IDS meter.
- Needs to be used in an incubator with a glass door due to transfering data the the MultiLine IDS meter.
You can check our range of Oxitop respirometric measuring equipment here. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at email@example.com