Toxicological analysis is performed on a wide array of samples including hair, blood, urine and organs for the detection of toxic substances or drugs of abuse. While compounds such as drugs and pharmacological compounds can be easily extracted from biological fluids, hair and tissue samples are more challenging.
Techniques to interrogate hair and tissue samples have proven valuable in detecting exposure to drugs because they offer an extended window of detection. While drugs are cleared through blood and urine quickly, they are typically present in hair and tissue samples for a longer period of time.
The Omni Bead Ruptor 24 Bead Mill homogenizer has proven highly effective for dry and wet grinding of hair and rapid homogenization of tissue samples. Samples are processed in sealed disposable tubes containing a variety of bead matrices to completely eliminate cross contamination.
The Bead Ruptor 24 is capable of processing samples in volumes range from 20 µL to 50 mL and is available with an optional BR Cryo Cooling unit to reduce heat generation during sample processing for volatile compounds.
Bead Ruptor 24
Lyse the toughest samples in seconds
See the OMNI Bead Ruptor video here which shows the unique way in which the homogeniser disrupts the sample.
The Bead Ruptor is the most advanced and easy to use bead mill homogeniser available. It is specifically designed for grinding, lysing, and homogenising biological samples prior to molecular extraction.
- Wide range of accessories for any sample size – 24 x 0.5 mL, 24 x 1.5 mL, 24 x 2 mL, 12 x 7 mL, 3 x 15 mL, 6 x 30 mL, 3 x 50 mL, or 96-well strip well tubes.
- Most powerful bead mill on the market – homogenize the most challenging samples
- No cool down required between runs: process hundreds of samples per day
- Convenient front loading design, 99 programmable memory settings, and multilingual user interface
- Ideal homogenizer for extraction of DNA, RNA, proteins, and small molecules
The Bead Ruptor 24 is designed with a unique carriage motion to ensure that the intra-tube bead movement reduces swirling and results in the highest bead impact forces of any bead mill on the market. The increased power of the Bead Ruptor 24 decreases processing time and reduces sample heating to maximize sample homogenisation efficiency. Tube carriages are available for 2ml to 50ml tubes.
Wide range of bead kits for any sample type
Ordering Information: Bead Ruptor Drive Unit, user manual and 1-year warranty.
Note: Bead Ruptor Tube Carriages sold separately.
Cooling system to protect heat sensitive samples during homogenization
The BR-Cryo Cooling Unit is compatible with the Bead Ruptor 24 and is designed to prevent the increase of sample temperature during the homogenization process. Friction generated through the bead milling process generates heat that is imparted to the sample. In order to maintain a constant processing temperature during homogenization, the BR-Cryo passes chilled air (-100°C to -50°C) into the sample processing chamber and across the sample tubes to dissipate heat.
Samples can be maintained at a temperature ranging from 4°C to ambient thus protecting heat sensitive samples such as RNA and proteins.
The BR-Cryo can be used to maintain a constant temperature when extracting functional enzymes or volatile small molecules.
Bead Ruptor 24 Cryo Cooling Unit Overview:
- Compatible with the Bead Ruptor 24
- Adjustable cooling rate
- Compatible with liquid nitrogen or dry ice with ethanol
- BR-Cryo maintain sample temperatures from 4°C to ambient
- Prevent protein degradation
- Ensure RNA stability
- Prevent enzyme activation
- Works with 2ml and 7ml tube options only
- Compressed dry medical grade air
- Compressed air flow rate must be at 120 PSI
- Liquid nitrogen or dry ice in ethanol (liquid nitrogen is preferred)