What are the advantages of using ABS to manufacture certain plastic products?
- ABS is a copolymer comprised of polymerized styrene and acrylonitrile with polybutadiene. Based on application, proportions can range from 15% to 35% acrylonitrile, 5% to 30% butadiene and 40% to 60% styrene.
- ABS is a Thermoplastic material for customers who want lightweight, rigid custom moulded plastic parts or components.
- ABS exhibits excellent mechanical, thermal, electrical, and physiological characteristics. Considered stronger than pure polystyrene, ABS obtains it’s strength from the polarization between the chains which attracts and binds them together. Acrylonitrile provides the materials tensile strength, styrene provides tensile strength as well as shiny, impervious surface quality, and polybutadiene provides the material its tenacity and impact strength even at low temperatures.
Your PlayStation Console is made of ABS because of its hardness, rigidity and smooth textureAdvantages of ABS Plastic Include:
• High impact strength even at low temperatures
• Easy processing
• Low heat conductivity
• Resistant to corrosion and abrasion
• Non-toxic, no halogens
• Smooth surface finish
• Light weight
Camlab’s 3D TUBE racks are made from ABS, for full details about this product click on Camlab and search the racks category.