Are you keeping your laboratory results safe?
There are a range of ways to keep laboratory results safe and still the method of choice is the good old laboratory note book. There are a large range of types, but some of the subtleties are not that obvious:
The best laboratory books offer casebound and section sewn pages, so that pages cannot be lost, and the case is bound in something robust and resistant to chemicals, mould and rot like Buckram.
What is Buckram?
Buckram is a stiff cloth, made of cotton, and still occasionally linen, which is used to cover and protect books. Buckram can also be used to stiffen clothes. Modern buckrams have been stiffened by soaking in a substance, usually now pyroxylin, to fill the gaps between the fibres.
In the Middle Ages, “bokeram” was fine cotton cloth, not stiff. The etymology of the term is uncertain; the commonly mentioned derivation from Bokhara is, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, uncertain.
Buckram A4 Lab Note Books:
This range of casebound and section-sewn laboratory notebooks is ideal for documentation of research, recording data, IP protection, GLP, and patent purposes. Every detail and construction component has been carefully considered to produce the most durable, tamper-evident laboratory notebooks available. Perfect for in the lab or in the field.
- Page size: A4
- Available with 96 or 192 pages
- Responsibly sourced, premium quality 90gsm, acid-free, ISO 9706 certified paper
- Issuance page, usage guidelines, table of contents
- Choice of 5mm Scientific Grid or Ruled documentation pages with page numbering, two signature/date blocks, spaces for control/reference information
- Highly durable, scuff-resistant, blue library buckram cover material with a special waterproof, wipe-clean coating
- Section-sewn binding with a flexible rounded spine so the books lay completely flat when open
- Foil stamped title: ‘LABORATORY NOTEBOOK’
- Blue page marker ribbon
- Lifetime guarantee
Lab Notebooks with Regular Paper Pages and PE cover:
Spaces for dates, signature of worker and witness for patent protection
Choose forest green cover with 0.25 in. (6mm) green grid or burgundy cover with horizontal lines or gridded.
Page size: Letter (8.5 x 11 in.) or A4 (8.75 x 11.25 in.)
Permanently bound and paginated for data security and traceability
We can also produce laboratory notebooks and log books to order!
Camlab can make custom lab notebooks and log books to your specifications including the addition of sequential book numbers on the cover, spine, and inside pages. Additionally you can have your logo on the books, insert your own guidelines and page designs, choose from over 30 colours of cover material, and more.
Please complete the contact form below for a quotation:
In: 1. News · Tagged with: laboratory books